Friday, October 21, 2011

Petal

while over on pinterest today i spotted this amazing gown designed by Charles James, I had originally intended on making it the focus of a mood board but like so many pins it was not referenced correctly and I went through 50 pages of the blog Coletterie and became inspired.

source: Charles James 'Petal' on Coletterie

isn't it beautiful?

anyway i think i may have said it before but i find pinterest is a great way to discover new blogs that you wouldn't ordinarily visit.

the Coletterie blog is all about sewing and would be an amazing resource for those wanting to have a bit of a go but who aren't exactly sure where to start. I love sewing and think I might even knock up some Clover pants but then again I am a manic sewer and do my best work with classical music blaring in the middle of the night and often work too fast and get disappointed/frustrated too easily. But if I were going to give it a go again this would be the place for me.

her patterns are amazing retro style dresses/pants/skirts and shirts that remind me of the quote i often see 'your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman but loose enough to show you're a lady' Edith Head i think

but it's late and my brain is shutting down for the night so here is one final link from the 50 pages i flicked through to find this amazing dress - how to install an invisible zipper here



No comments:

Post a Comment