Friday, December 2, 2011

running a little behind....

so it is the 3rd of December and we are already running a little behind on our Christmas 25!!!
due to complications involving Christmas decorations (and I guess the fact that we have been moving!) number 5. Decorate the Tree has been completed!


as you might have noticed I have been going a little crazy with the Instagram app on my iPhone (smashed screen and all it still works great!) I also don't know where I stashed the actual camera in the move.... 

these awesome stars are made from the left over pages of my copy of Wuthering Heights which I took apart for the wedding, the tutorial came from this page here, and despite the instructions being in another language I think we did pretty well - though if you are looking for a simple project this is probably not for you. by the way if any family members happen to be reading and are wondering what to get me for Christmas see below :)

source: Papergrain
We did also have intentions of doing lots of other decorations but so far have had no luck and the stars ended up so huge that you probably don't want too much more on the tree anyway.... but we have been attempting these string balls.....
 I guess we didn't 'lube' the balls up enough (c'mon guys be more mature) because when we popped the balloons the balls just kinda collapsed but no matter we are going to give it another try tonight then hopefully they will look like these...

source: Wednesday via Ruffled
and tonight we will just have to tackle two things off the list instead of one! given our current proximity to the beach number 13. should be pretty easy and I plan on sewing the tree ruffle to finish off the tree so that will knock off number 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment