Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fashion Thursdays

So last night it was a little cold, anyone else feel that? maybe it was just because Joel was doing a night shift but I do feel it getting a little colder, a little windier and at the moment a lot more rainier and on looking at the calender I realised why.

We are just a few days away from entering Autumn, not that the seasons here in Australia are really that different. So I thought I would take a little look at what we are supposed to be wearing Autumn/Winter 2012/13 from the latest New York Fashion Week.

 Ok so I am not quite ready to leave Summer behind but L'Wren Scott's collection was as close as I am going to get in a sea of drab colours. She is classic as always but I am seeing a distinct 30s feel to her designs and this collection seems to be emphasising one thing in particular, texture. Call me cheap but I love velvet, the purple fur lined coat however it looks amazing but just not for me. Thank-you Monica Feudi for some great pics.

While I am at it the Rodarte show is said to be inspired by the Australian outback, maybe worthwhile checking out? Any fool knows you roast in the desert in dark colours 

No comments:

Post a Comment