Monday, February 20, 2012

On the Table...

Yesterday while Joel was sleeping and I was trying to be as quiet as a church mouse I got hit with an intensive craving for sweet stuff. My God it was crippling I just had to have something sugary and delicious. And that's when I remembered the amazing piece of goodness that is the 'One Minute Peanut Butter Cake' on Back to Her Roots.

It's amazing. The first time I made it I found it really rich, heavy and gooey so I decided to tweak it a little bit....

And that is what I came up with. My God is it good, especially with a scoop of icecream right in the centre. You can see there it is still pretty gooey on top but I see it as a peanut buttery type of icing. This one was microwaved first for 30 secs then again for 15, though one 40 second hit is just about perfect for me.

Of course after making this one I was on the lookout for various other cake for one recipes, you must check out this Two Minute Mug Brownie recipe on Babble and I was almost ready to make this Chocolate Fudge S'mores Mug Cake on How Sweet It Is. OMG it looks so amazing plus the mug is pretty cute too.

Lastly, though not an easy microwave recipe, this amazing looking Salted Caramel Lava Cake has been making the rounds on Pinterest lately it's from Vegetarianirvana and my guess is the Oh Joy! interest will have resulted in an enormous amount of traffic, she is the Cool Hunter of all Cool Hunters. 

If you would like to share your own emergency sweet treat recipe leave a comment below or head on over to my Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment