Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wedding Wednesday's

Uni goes back this week! It has certainly been one LONG holiday but I fear with my reduced course load this semester I will be just as bored until I manage to land that elusive full-time job (fingers crossed it will be a position within one of the Big 4's...)

but getting back on topic today I am bringing a little inspiration from Colonial Australia (ok so sue me it's not totally historically accurate, but I tried) at request of my mother who has a friend who spoke about a wedding of this style (oh yeah my Mum talks to EVERYONE).

At first I found it a tad difficult finding dresses that gave off that kind of vibe but thanks to a little show called Downton Abbey Edwardian fashions and all things modest are making a big comeback.

The other great thing about these dresses is that a lot of them are readily available to buy  (just follow the links) or a quick search of Etsy or even Ebay could turn up your perfect gown and chances are it will be cheaper than even a standard dress in a boutique. 

Rachel Thurston via Once Wed
Closet Case Vntg via Winsome Hollow and The Wooing of Eliel dress at Adore Vintage
Eden Studios Ballarat 1912 on Flickr

Edward and Dorothy 1909 on Flickr and The Vintage Wedding Dress Company on Pinterest
A and B: both The Vintage Wedding Dress Company

Kim Vintage via Blooming Leopold
Photography by Chelsea Davis, Styling by A Style Collective found on Cake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment