Monday, April 2, 2012

Hot Cross Buns

I remember just after Christmas, it can't have been more than a couple of weeks, that we noticed Hot Cross Buns making a reappearance on the shelves at the supermarket. Leaving you to think wait is it Easter already?

The signal of Easter. Is there anything better than Hot Cross Buns (or even just fruit toast) slathered in butter, a clotted artery waiting to happen. But oh so good.

This is the second time we have made Hot Cross Buns and as I am no where near clever enough to come up with my own recipe I used this one here from Citrus and Candy


It might have been because I almost forgot to put the eggs in, or maybe because we baked them in a lasagne dish or perhaps because we left them in the oven about 5 mins too long but they came out very dry not the soft fluffy kind you can eat straight away. They do however satisfy when you pop them in the toaster and slather with butter.


So whether you make some yourself or buy some make sure you have a hot cross bun for me and to make things a little interesting feel free to post a photo to my Facebook wall of your delicious morsel.... or what's left of it


No comments:

Post a Comment