Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wednesday and the Wonders of Baking Soda

Last week my face was a mess, I turn twenty-four this year but still get more pimples than a teenager. It sucks big time. I think it must be a combination of a lot of things; diet, hormones, sunlight?

I wanted to look a bit clearer and fresher last Friday for when we went to Sydney for The Block Live so I headed onto Pinterest and typed in 'DIY Beauty'. As always you get a whole lot of stuff when you search on Pinterest so I decided to give myself a face steam and DIY microdermabrasion (I think know I spelled that wrong, but I'm sure you've all seen the Lauren Conrad picture).

What are these complex sounding things you ask? well the first involves getting a bowl of steaming hot water putting some yummy things in there, putting your face over the top and chucking a towel over your head. The second grabbing some baking soda/bi-carb mixing it with a little water to form a paste and then using it as a scrub on your face.  

And though not instantaneously better, this week I can definitely see a difference in the clarity of my skin hence the title of this post.

Because baking soda is not just great as a face scrub. You can use it for all kinds of things! 
Apparently you can rub it on your teeth to make them whiter. And do you have a dirty microwave? I know I do, put some baking soda and water into a little bowl and mic it for 30 secs, makes cleaning it much much easier. Do you have smelly shoes? Put a thin layer of soda in there for a few days and then suck it all up, the soda takes the odour with it ;) 

What other cool things do you use baking soda for?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment