Thursday, September 20, 2012

Anything Can Happen Friday. Sweet Project

It's back!! This week I have got my act together and I am bringing you one mouthwatering 'maker' the very lovely Kendall of 'Sweet Project'!!

Though Kendall and I are yet to meet in person, from the numerous interactions we have had, I am sure she is one lovely lady :) I first found out about her when her lovely macarons (macaroons?) and biscuits popped up on the edition 11 'Your Hunter Valley Wedding Planner' shoot which lead me to commission of few biscuits of my own from her and now she makes me salivate on a regular basis with the pictures she posts on Facebook and Instagram!!

How did you come up with the business of baking 
 By accident really, I was on maternity leave and fortunately had a no fuss baby boy, Quincey. A friend had completed a couple of courses at the wonderful Sugar Rush in Newcastle and encouraged me to give it a go. I signed up for a few courses and was instantly hooked. It was love at first sight. The rest is history.


Who is your biggest supporter.
Embarrassingly at 28 years old I often still catch my parents telling complete strangers my life story. They have both come along to every market where I've showcased Sweet Project and their support means the world to me. My mum is my sounding board for ideas and I cant thank her enough for teaching me to be patient (a work in progress) and to take pride in my work.
My Partner Casey is a great cook and is always happy to provide honest feedback and encouragement. Also, my large extended family have encouraged me to keep working hard to achieve my dreams and have always made themselves available to road test my baking.


 
Where do you see baking taking you (in an optimistic world)
Well, here’s a scoop… what began as a hobby business has grown so quickly into a full time job. We are now bursting at the seams so, I’m excited to reveal we are about to open a small café in the Newcastle area…. Can’t say too much more at the moment but this is the next logical step to turn this hobby into a business.


Kendall's son Quincey's birthday was featured on sweets giant Amy Atlas' blog here


Where can we get your yummy things?
Shortly you will be able to purchase our core range of macarons, Cup Cakes and selected sweet treats from our new café in the Newcastle area. In the short term, we continue to be a home based business and make to order. You can find examples of our products and services on facebook or email us (sweetproject@live.com.au) and we will forward you a menu as a starting point.

We’d also love to take the stress out of your next special event by looking after you with exclusive, but not expensive, custom styled dessert buffets complete with props and delicious treats.

In conjunction with the café grand opening, we are also in the process of constructing our website so stay tuned for the launch.



If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?
I’d love to be a Swan, serene and elegant on the surface and working like mad under the water to reach a destination.


So are you pretty excited about her little scoop I know I sure was!! fingers crossed its close by the studio so I can grab them all the time :) Thanks Kendall!!

6 comments:

  1. I'll be there on opening day with my kids......;o)
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap so pretty and yummy! :D


    xo
    Angie || www.sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tasted everything they do... everything tastes even better than it looks! and I've tasted macarons from all over, Sweet Project macarons are up there with the best i've tasted.

    ReplyDelete