Monday, September 24, 2012

On the Table. High Tea at Noon

Last week I celebrated my 24th birthday and had some friends over for tea, so I made each of us a few different treats. It was fun getting dressed up and acting like ladies, we wore dresses had real napkins and went over the proper etiquette of how big of a bite you should really take and whether the spoon was allowed to go in your mouth. It was pretty awesome we even discussed the big issues of today, like grown ups! :)

But here's the good part PICTURES!!

Don't worry I didn't cook on my birthday I made everything on the Tuesday, Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles, Toasted Banana Bread, Chocolate Layer Cake with White Chocolate Ganache and Coconut Logs drizzled with Dark Chocolate.

As you probably know by now icing and me don't always get along so well, I didn't have enough ganache to neatly cover the sides of the cakes so I stuck flaked almonds onto the side - all in all they were pretty amazing. My friend Soph bought me some chocolates from Coco Monde and Victoria of all those cupcakes fame baked me a super duper cake. We are still eating the left overs :/


No comments:

Post a Comment